Mountains and Coast
HARLECH CASTLE - Siege History
Owain Glyndwr, in his war against Henry IV for Welsh Independence, took possession of the fortress, in 1404 and held his
second parliament there the following year.
It featured prominently during the Wars of the Roses, becoming the asylum of Margaret of Anjou, queen of Henry VI in 1459.
During the civil war 1640, the castle was alternately in the hands of both parties. At its final fall, it was garrisoned by twenty-eight men and was the last royalist fortress in Wales. It was taken by Gen. Mytton, in March 1647
For information about a short break holiday in the holiday bungalow, Sandy Patch
Visit our sunset gallery
for more sunset views along the Snowdonia Coast